Tuesday, December 05, 2006

On the knitting front

Here's my contribution to Larissa's Meathead KAL, pre-embellishment.


Pattern: Meathead, by Larissa Brown
Needles: US 15 plastic Lion brand single points
Yarn: Plymouth Galway Chunky, color 129, doubled
Size: Large

Notes
The pattern is well-written and easy to follow. It was a very quick knit due to the HUGE gauge. The large size is quite humongous, too big for my fairly large noggin. Despite being a fun knit, the finished product is not exactly flattering in appearance when on the head. Knit with smaller gauge it would be very cute and pixie-like on a small child. After I embellish it and post a photo on flickr, I'll be frogging this baby.

I was pleasantly surprised by how well I liked Plymouth Galway. It's some pretty nice stuff. I knit a baby blanket out of Plymouth Encore a while ago, and it soured me on the Plymouth brand for a while. But between the Suri Merino and the Galway, I may be back on the Plymouth bandwagon.

Also, huge plastic needles are a pain in the *&!($. I learned to knit on those things, but now they seem cumbersome and awful.

Multidirectional Scarf #2 -- still needs a bath and blocking
This batch of Silk Garden seemed thicker than the last batch, so I went up to size 9 needles.

1 comment:

Leah said...

rwOh, I'm really sorry that your meathead didn't work out! It does look quite cute and pixie-like!

I'll have to remember that next time I need a baby knit!

I LOVE your multi-directional scarf! Very, very pretty!

Boo for plastic needles in general! ;)